- Zip line trip We are looking for a date to reschedule our trip to The Gorge Zipline that will allow for a good turnout of at least 20 participants and have tentatively selected July 25th. Please visit the following link to sign up as soon as possible, www.doodle.com. If we don’t get a good response, then we will select another date in the future.
- July 20 Program Planning meeting Your PLC will be meeting on Monday July 20 at 6pm to plan our Troop activity calendar for the upcoming year. All Scouts, parents, and leaders are welcome to attend but only PLC members will be able to vote on any matters that need to be decided. What do you want to do this year – canoeing, backpacking, rafting, cycling, fishing, skiing? Voice your opinion to your Patrol Leader so he can vote for you. Pizza dinner will be provided.
- Honor Guard A special recognition goes out to Scouts Will Basco, Thomas Blyth and ASM Denis Blyth for their service as an Honor Guard unit for a recent funeral service. They went the extra mile to “be prepared” by obtaining a replica flag from the funeral home and repeatedly practicing. At the conclusion of the service, they were told by several attendees that it was the best flag service they had seen. Troop 20 is proud of these fine Scouts and will be using their recent service as an example as we launch our own Honor Guard initiative in the fall.
- PLC positions available !! Please contact Andrew Boyles right away (email@example.com) if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Wednesday July 1 from 5-8:30 pm in the Scout Hut (pizza dinner will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Service opportunity Saturday June 13 Scouts, there is a great opportunity to help serve your community, promote fitness and earn service hours for rank advancement. MUSC has asked us to help with their 5K run/walk 8:00-11:30 am on Saturday June 13 that will raise funds to benefit the Heart Health Program of MUSC’s Children’s Hospital and the Team Richardson Foundation. In collaboration with the Team Richardson Foundation’s Hanging with Pros program, participants will get to meet NFL player Barry Richardson! Most of the troop will be on the road home from Camp Daniel Boone, but for those of you who are remaining in town, please contact ASM George Robinson if you are available to help.
- New PLC positions Congratulations to Andrew Boyles on his election to serve as Senior Patrol Leader for the upcoming 6 months! Please contact him if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Saturday June 20 from 8-11:30 am in the Scout Hut (breakfast biscuits, snacks and drinks will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
BSA Troop 20 Events Add firstname.lastname@example.org to get events on your phone/tablet