- Merit Badge Counselors Needed !! There are 136 merit badges and we are in dire need of volunteers to serve as merit badge counselors. Any adult can be a counselor – you don’t have to be an assistant scoutmaster, and you don’t need to be an expert in the field. All you need to do is complete online Youth Protection Training (YPT) at http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/BoyScout.aspx. Click on the “Take Course Online” under “Boy Scout Leader Youth Protection Training”. PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU FINISH YPT and bring your completed YPT certificate to the meeting. Then think about what merit badges you wish to counsel and attend one of our 2 Merit Badge Counselor Training sessions, June 8, 2015 or June 22, 2015 from 7-8pm in the Mt Pleasant Presbyterian school building. Contact ASM Bill Basco if you have any questions.
- Daniel Boone Merit Badge payment I’ve had some questions regarding merit badge fees. If you are taking Rifle, Shotgun, Horsemanship, or Animal Science merit badges at camp, the fee should be paid in advance on the troop Squareup site. If you are taking Forestry, Basketry, Indian Lore, Leatherwork, Woodcarving, Archery and/or Space Exploration, consult the Camp Daniel Boone Parent Guide to see how much extra money you will need to bring money to camp to pay for these supplies at the camp Trading Post. Additionally, we have also added the Whitewater rafting trip to the site, so you can prepay this as well.
- Adopt a Highway I apologize for the confusion this past weekend regarding the Adopt a Highway cleanup. It had to be rescheduled by the church to THIS Saturday May 9 at 8am. Meet at the Fellowshp Hall in your Class B uniform to earn service hours, help your community and our church sponsor!
- Parent Meeting !! 7:00-8:15 Monday May 18 in the church Fellowship Hall. We will discuss the “State of the Troop”, our troop plans for the upcoming year, our Merit Badge program, and provide Merit Badge Counselor Training for those interested parents. The BSA and Troop 20 ENCOURAGES all parents (and REQUIRES all Merit Badge Counselors) to complete an online 20 minute Youth Protection Training (YPT). Go to http://www.myscouting.org, register for an account, take the training, print your certificate and bring it to this meeting.
- PLC/Order of the Arrow Elections PLC / Order of the Arrow elections will be Monday May 18. If you are interested in running for Senior Patrol Leader or Patrol Leader, please see SM Boyles before May 4. (NOTE: You must be able to attend PLC training on Saturday June 20). Order of the Arrow candidates must be First Class rank or higher and see SM Boyles or Jack Fair by May 4.
- Summer Camp! We will be attending Camp Daniel Boone in western North Carolina (Daniel Boone Council) the week of June 7-13. Check out the website at www.campdanielboone.org for details about this excellent camp. FINAL PAYMENTS for summer camp are due May 11. You can pay online at the Troop 20 payment site https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3. This is an outstanding camp, and the Troop is excited for this great opportunity to have fun, learn some great skills, and work on merit badges. As an extra activity, Scouts can sign up for an optional whitewater rafting trip on the Nantahala River. On the way home, we will stop at The Gorge Zipline in Saluda, NC.
BSA Troop 20 Events Add firstname.lastname@example.org to get events on your phone/tablet
Council 2015-16 Program Preview
Starts: 1:00 pm
Ends: May 30, 2015 - 3:00 pm
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, 7401 Northwoods Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29406, United States