- Honor Guard A special recognition goes out to Scouts Will Basco, Thomas Blyth and ASM Denis Blyth for their service as an Honor Guard unit for a recent funeral service. They went the extra mile to “be prepared” by obtaining a replica flag from the funeral home and repeatedly practicing. At the conclusion of the service, they were told by several attendees that it was the best flag service they had seen. Troop 2o is proud of these fine Scouts and will be using their recent service as an example as we launch our own Honor Guard initiative in the fall.
- PLC positions available !! Please contact Andrew Boyles right away (email@example.com) if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Wednesday July 1 from 5-8:30 pm in the Scout Hut (pizza dinner will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Service opportunity Saturday June 13 Scouts, there is a great opportunity to help serve your community, promote fitness and earn service hours for rank advancement. MUSC has asked us to help with their 5K run/walk 8:00-11:30 am on Saturday June 13 that will raise funds to benefit the Heart Health Program of MUSC’s Children’s Hospital and the Team Richardson Foundation. In collaboration with the Team Richardson Foundation’s Hanging with Pros program, participants will get to meet NFL player Barry Richardson! Most of the troop will be on the road home from Camp Daniel Boone, but for those of you who are remaining in town, please contact ASM George Robinson if you are available to help.
- New PLC positions Congratulations to Andrew Boyles on his election to serve as Senior Patrol Leader for the upcoming 6 months! Please contact him if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Saturday June 20 from 8-11:30 am in the Scout Hut (breakfast biscuits, snacks and drinks will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Merit Badge Counselors Needed !! There are 136 merit badges and we are in dire need of volunteers to serve as merit badge counselors. Any adult can be a counselor – you don’t have to be an assistant scoutmaster, and you don’t need to be an expert in the field. All you need to do is complete online Youth Protection Training (YPT) at http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/BoyScout.aspx. Click on the “Take Course Online” under “Boy Scout Leader Youth Protection Training”. PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU FINISH YPT and bring your completed YPT certificate to the meeting. Then think about what merit badges you wish to counsel and attend one of our 2 Merit Badge Counselor Training sessions, June 8, 2015 or June 22, 2015 from 7-8pm in the Mt Pleasant Presbyterian school building. Contact ASM Bill Basco if you have any questions.
- Adopt a Highway I apologize for the confusion this past weekend regarding the Adopt a Highway cleanup. It had to be rescheduled by the church to THIS Saturday May 9 at 8am. Meet at the Fellowshp Hall in your Class B uniform to earn service hours, help your community and our church sponsor!
BSA Troop 20 Events Add firstname.lastname@example.org to get events on your phone/tablet