- May Camp-out on the Yorktown We have made reservations to camp for 1 night on the Yorktown Fri.-Sat. May 12-13, 2017. While this is the same weekend of Mothers Day, we will be finishing up around 2pm on Saturday for pick-up at the Yorktown (Friday drop-off will be around 4pm). Our Saturday activity will be the Yorktown’s Flight Academy Program. Cost will be $67/person (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch included). We will need to provide a final headcount soon, so please let us know if you plan to attend. SCOUTS AND ADULTS: Please email our event coordinator Teresa Clowney at email@example.com with the subject line USS YORKTOWN if you would like to attend.
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park We have made reservations to camp in the pristine Cataloochee Valley Sat.-Tues. April 8-11, 2017. The Monday and Tuesday of camping will coincide with the first 2 days of CCSD spring break. We will be doing some hiking (day hiking and overnight trail hiking), touring some historic structures, and hopefully see some of the wild elk that inhabit the area.
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area The March camp-out for New Scouts that have bridged to Troop 20 will be held Fri.-Sun. March 3-5, 2017 at the BP Rec Area in Cainhoy, SC. The higher ranking experienced scouts will be teaching basic scout skills required to obtain Tenderfoot and Second Class Ranks. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $40 camping fee online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3
- Summer Camp 2017 Mark your calendars for summer camp at Old Hickory Council’s Camp Raven Knob in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 18-24, 2017. The camp is located off I-77 near Mount Airy, NC. The fee is $325, with additional fees for certain Merit Badges. A $150 deposit for each Scout will be due by March 13, 2017 and is payable online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend.
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation The February Camp-out will be held at Cusabo Plantation in the ACE Basin, February 10-12, 2017. Scouts will work on Camping Merit Badge Requirements.
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge Our annual Troop Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge be be on January 12-14, 2017 at Wolf Ridge Ski Resort in Mars Hill, NC. This will be a Thurs.-Sat. trip that coincides with days off on the CCSD calendar.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Swim and canoe maneuvering proficiency testing 3:00 pm Florida Sea Base 2019 informational meeting 6:45 pmFlorida Sea Base 2019 informational meeting @ Scout HutFeb 5 @ 6:45 pm – 7:00 pmScouts interested in going to Sea Base next year as part of our High Adventure patrol. Please arrive by 6:45pm so that we conclude our business before the Troop meeting starts at 7:00. This will[...]Troop Meeting – Money Monday Okefenokee 7:00 pm Okefenokee preparation – Q & A 6:15 pmOkefenokee preparation – Q & A @ Scout HutFeb 12 @ 6:15 pm – 6:45 pmTonight – Meeting of Okefenokee participants to discuss arrangements for this coming weekends trip. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1263638Court of Honor 7:00 pm Okefenokee Swamp Canoe Campout 2:00 pm Subscribe
Apr2MonSpring Break 2018 Camping Trip – St. Catherine’s Island @ Coastal GeorgiaApr 2 @ 7:30 am – Apr 4 @ 4:00 pmSpring break 2018 to Saint Catherine’s Island off the coast of Georgia. This undeveloped island has many unique features, including antebellum ruins, miles of undeveloped beaches, forest trails, and even Lemur colonies! Read more about it here (http://www.stcatherinesisland.org/). We will be taken to the island by boat and hike approximately 1 mile to our campsite on a bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. During the day, we will take day hikes around the island to explore. We do not anticipate any age or rank restrictions on this camp-out except the ability to carry personal gear, including tent, ground cloth, etc., 1 mile to the campsite. While this island is not as undeveloped as Cumberland Island, it is much more accessible and should prove to be a fascinating trip. Please consider joining us along with your scout if you would like. Tentative Specifics: Depart: MONDAY April 2, 2018, from scout hut at approximately 7:30 AM Return: WEDNESDAY April 4, 2018, at approximately 4:00 PM COST: TBD, but we are visiting the island free-of-charge, so the cost will be primarily for transportation and food, anticipating $40-$50. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1256806Subscribe