- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd Troop 20 will not have a Troop meeting on April 2 due to spring break.
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA The April camp-out will be held Mon.- Wed., April 2–4, 2018 on St. Catherine’s Island just south of Savannah, GA. This will be a unique opportunity to do some light backpacking and experience a pristine undeveloped coastal island. This camp-out will take place during CCSD spring break. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $46 camping fee online.
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station Troop 20 will once again be serving the community by helping at the Cooper River Bridge Run water station on April 7, 2018. Please reference the email sent out by Mrs. Butler to participate in this effort by signing up. All volunteers that sign-up before the deadline will get a free Bridge Run Volunteer Tshirt!!
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee The March camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. March 23 – 25, 2018 at Camp Sewee in Awendaw, SC. This will be the first camp-out for our new scouts that just bridged over from Webelos. Our older and experienced scouts will lead the effort to help the new scouts complete rank requirements for Scout, Tenderfoot, and Second Class. New scouts that attend this camp-out will complete Scout rank and will be 30 days from completing Tenderfoot rank. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $45 camping fee online.
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter Troop 20 will be offering a Merit Badge Overnighter to meet requirements for the Camping and Cooking Merit Badges. ASM Angus Rae will be leading this event on Saturday-Sunday, March 17-18, 2018. The overnight camping will be at Bishop Jerden Conference Center near McClellanville, SC. Please see your Troop email for more info and to let Mr. Rae know that you will be attending. Scouts attending the overnighter can pay the $9 online.
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update** Troop 20 is pleased to announce that we were awarded a lottery spot to attend Seabase in 2019!! The trip will be a sailing adventure in St. Thomas, USVI on June 16-22, 2019. Last chance to secure a spot on this trip will be March 6, 2018. Please see email and contact Dr. Kotz if you are interested.
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship Troop 20 will be offering a group setting Merit Badge Class for two of the Citizenship MB’s. Citizenship in the Community and Citizenship in the World will be offered starting March 4, 2018 and concluding by April 22, 2018. There will be approximately 3-4 Sunday afternoon class sessions during this time period along with a few scheduled community visits to meet requirements. The classes will be led by Mr. Peter Woodhull. Please see the Troop email that was sent out to respond to Mr. Woodhull and get registered for the class.
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah Troop 20 will be attending Summer Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah on Wadmalaw Island, SC just south of Charleston. The dates for summer camp will be Sunday-Saturday, June 17-23, 2018. Please see Troop email for details and registration instructions.
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing For those signed up for the Okefenokee Canoeing Camp-out, the swimming and canoeing proficiency testing will be held on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at the Jones Center Pool in Mount Pleasant from 3pm – 5pm.
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp The February camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. February 16 – 18, 2018 at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. This will be a great opportunity to participate in a canoeing overnight camp-out. This is one of the rare occasions in which Scouts must be either 13 years old or at least First Class rank to participate. Due to the skills required on the trip, scouts will have to pass swimming and canoeing proficiency testing. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $77 camping fee online.
- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update**
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase
- Scout Sunday on February 4, 2018
- Troop 20 Court of Honor
- Board of Reviews for Rank Advancement
- Service Event – Adopt-A-Highway Clean up
BSA Troop 20 Events
Aug20MonBack to School cookout @ Palmetto Islands County ParkAug 20 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1377853Sep8SatAdopt a Highway Cleanup (can earn 2 service hours) @ MPPC Fellowship HallSep 8 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348532Sep15SatBeach Sweep @ Patriots PointSep 15 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amSince this is a marsh cleanup, we need to do it around low tide. This year, we will choose to do it either first thing in the morning or late afternoon as low tide is at 6:48am and 7:33pm. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348505Nov3SatAdopt a Highway Cleanup (can earn 2 service hours) @ MPPC Fellowship HallNov 3 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348792Jun16SunSaint Thomas High Adventure Sailing Adventure @ US Virgin IslandsJun 16 @ 8:00 am – Jun 22 @ 5:00 pmTrip details at seabase.org As a reminder, scouts must be 14 years old and star rank by the date of the trip. The fee per crew is $7,250. Travel expenses to Saint Thomas are not included. Committing to this trip means also committing to fundraising to cover these costs as well. Furthermore, there will be mandatory meetings and team building activities(required for both scouts and participating adults). We will go on at least one campout to foster bonding as a patrol. This will allow us to embark on the adventure as a cohesive team. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you. In Scouting, Teddy Kotz Edward A. Kotz, III, M.D. Carolina Dermatology 933 Saint Andrews Boulevard Charleston, S.C. 29407 (843) 766-9868 For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1323818Subscribe