- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase Troop 20 has decided to enter the Seabase lottery for the 2019 summer high adventure trip. Dr. Teddy Kotz has volunteered to lead this effort. There will be an brief informational meeting for those interested on Monday, February 5, 2018. The meeting will be in the Scout Hut before our regular Troop meeting.
- Scout Sunday on February 4, 2018 This is a reminder that national Scout Sunday is coming up on February 4. Troop 20 scouts are encouraged to wear their uniform to their church in recognition of this day. Additionally any scouts that would be interested in attending and serving at Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church on this date please contact ASM Ross Heaton.
- Troop 20 Court of Honor Troop 20 will be holding a Court of Honor (COH) ceremony on Monday, February 12, 2018. We will be recognizing scouts that have earned rank advancements and merit badges. The ceremony will begin at 7:00pm in the church sanctuary. Please see coordination emails for details.
- Board of Reviews for Rank Advancement Troop 20 will be holding Board of Reviews (BOR) for Rank Advancement on Monday, January 29 at 7:00pm. Scouts that have completed their rank requirements and had a Scoutmaster Conference are eligible to sit for a BOR. Please see the email communication from Mrs. Rae to sign-up for a BOR. This will be the last chance for a BOR before the upcoming Court of Honor ceremony on February 12.
- Service Event – Adopt-A-Highway Clean up Troop 20 will be having the quarterly Adopt-A-Highway cleanup on Saturday, January 27, 2018. Continuing our partnership with Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church, we will be picking up trash along our designated section of Coleman Boulevard. We will meet at the church fellowship hall at 8:00am and should be finished by 10:00am. Scouts will get credit for service hours by participating in this project.
- January Camp-out at James Island County Park The January camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. January 12 – 14, 2018 at James Island County Park . The scouts will have the option to participate on the high ropes course and climbing wall at the park. They will have the option to do one or both activities while on the campout. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $30 camping fee online. Additional fees will apply for participants on the ropes course and climbing wall.
- Scouting Religious Emblems Class Troop 20 is pleased to announce that we will be offering the P.R.A.Y. “God and Church” program for scouts in grades 6-8. The classes will be led by ASM Ross Heaton and ASM Frederik Winther. The scouts will need to commit to attending 7 weekly classes held on Sunday afternoons from 2pm-4pm starting January 7, 2018 and ending February 18, 2018. There will be a $30 registration fee to cover course materials and the completion medallion.
- Troop 20 Open House for visiting Webelos Troop 20 will be hosting a Webelo open house on Monday, December 11, 2017. This special Troop meeting will be a great chance for Webelos to check out Troop 20 and will have a program centered on educating the scouts about Troop 20. There will be a separate session for scout parents to hear a short presentation from Troop 20 adult leaders followed by a Q & A period. We look forward to seeing the Webelos at this meeting!!
- Troop 20 Christmas Service Project Troop 20 will once again be having an annual Christmas service project to help a needy family during the holiday season. Please reference the email sent out by Mrs. Butler to participate in this effort by signing up to purchase a gift from the list provided. Unwrapped gifts can be dropped off to Mrs. Butler at the Scout Hut before or after the Troop meeting on November 27.
- November/December Camp-out at Poinsett State Park The November/December camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. December 1 – 3, 2017 at Poinsett State Park near Wedgefield, SC. The scouts will camp Friday night at the state park, then will depart for a 1 night backpacking hike on the High Hills of Santee section of the Palmetto Trail. This will be a great opportunity for the younger scouts to participate in a true backpacking event. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $31 camping fee online.
- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update**
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase
- Scout Sunday on February 4, 2018
- Troop 20 Court of Honor
- Board of Reviews for Rank Advancement
- Service Event – Adopt-A-Highway Clean up
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat SOS 6:00 pmSOS @ Scout HutDec 10 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pmSOS (Sign-Offs at Six) Come to the Scout Hut to meet with a Scoutmaster to sign off on your requirements for Scout rank thru First Class. We are here to help you, but you must[...]Troop 20 Open House 7:00 pm Subscribe
Jan14MonBoard of ReviewJan 14 @ 6:00 pm – 7:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572317Jan28MonCourt of Honor @ Scout ChurchJan 28 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572373Feb3SunScout SundayFeb 3 all-dayA Scout is Reverent – Scouts are encouraged to wear your Class A uniform to church today! For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1553559Mar18MonBoard of ReviewMar 18 @ 6:00 pm – 7:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572384Subscribe