- Winter Camp 2016 Troop 20 will be sending a group to Winter Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah on December 27-31, 2016. This will be during Christmas break and will allow Scouts to earn Merit Badges just like at Summer Camp. Please contact Asst. Scoutmasters Meg Magee or Frederik Winther for details and to get signed up.
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee Our November camp-out will be a trip to the Lost Sea Cave in Sweetwater, TN. Dates for the camp-out will be Sat.-Mon. November 19-21, 2017 which will coincide with the week long Thanksgiving break on the CCSD calendar. See more info on the Lost Sea at: http://thelostsea.com
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park The October camp-out will be held at Santee State Park, Fri.-Sun. October 21-23, 2017. We will be working on the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge requirements and we will be having a Dutch Oven Cook-off. ***Please note: Due to hurricane damage at Santee State Park, the camp-out venue will now be at Scoutmaster Joye’s farm in Eutawville, SC. Thanks to SM Joye for allowing us to use his property.
- September Camp-out at Capers Island Our September camp-out will be a boating trip to camp on Capers Island Sat.-Sun. Sept 24-25, 2017. We will meet at the IOP Marina on Sat. morning to make the short boat ride over to Capers Island. Thanks to all of the Scoutmasters and parents that have volunteered their boats to help transport the campers and supplies over to Capers.
- Cycling Merit Badge To earn Eagle, you must complete either Cycling, Hiking or Swimming merit badges. Former T20 Scoutmaster Butch Hills is coordinating a Cycling Merit Badge class and campout. Training rides will begin the weekend of Jan 16 and occur every weekend until the campout on February 20 which will be a 50 mile ride. The training rides will be 10, 15 and 25 miles and will occur on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather.
- National Youth Leadership Training NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide Scouts with the leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. It will be held this year at Camp No Non Wah over 2 weekends (March 4-6 and March 18-20). Registration is open now and available here. This experience is offered to Scouts in the Coastal Carolina Council, and space is limited to only 45 Scouts..
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat PLC Meeting 7:00 pmPLC MeetingMar 6 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667207Scoutmasters Meeting 8:00 pm Multi-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure Program 8:00 amMulti-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure ProgramMar 11 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pmHelp our Scouts raise money to attend Chilkoot High Adventure Program in Haines, Alaska! Furniture, Household Goods, Kitchen Wares, Sports Equipment, Toys, Books, Clothes, Baked Goods, Coffee — You name it, we’ll have it! Thanks[...] Summer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due Tomorrow 11:45 pmSummer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due TomorrowMar 12 @ 11:45 pm – 11:45 pmPlease remember to pay your $150 deposit and provide your MB selections by tomorrow to the get best chance of getting your first MB choices. Pay deposit: https://squareup.com/store/bsa-troop-20-3 MB Selections: https://goo.gl/forms/kEszPFstXuoAhNST2 For more information please[...] Subscribe
Mar27MonTroop MeetingMar 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=713489Apr1SatBridge Run Service Event @ Coleman Blvd.Apr 1 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amThis is a service hours opportunity for the T20 Scouts (and parents who want to participate). For new scouts that are working on Tenderfoot Rank, you can fulfill your 1 hour of service requirement!!! We man a water station for the Bridge Run. Last year we met around 7:00am in front of the Baskin Robbins, and walked down a bit. Should be wrapped up by 9-9:30am. TShirts will be given to volunteers that sign up by 03/24/2017. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fada62aa57-cooper For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=714150Apr3MonBoard of Review @ Grace HallApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=715401Troop MeetingApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667208Apr8SatCataloochee Camping/Hiking TripApr 8 @ 8:00 am – Apr 11 @ 6:00 pmJoin Troop 20 for a trip to the isolated Cataloochee Valley on the eastern side of the Great Smoky Mountains NP! T20 will depart Scout Hut at 8:00 AM Saturday, April 8, 2017, arriving at the valley around 3:00 pm. The valley is full of elk, turkey, and other wildlife, along with cabins and churches from the original settlers. For the return, we will depart the valley at approximately 10 AM on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. T20 should arrive back at the Scout Hut around 6:00 pm. Eligibility: Because this is a remote campout, and because the group camp site holds only 25 individuals, we will limit participation to scouts typically eligible for High Adventure – those at least 13 years old AND Star rank or above. In addition, scouts should pack ALL GEAR in one backpack that they can carry to the campsite from wherever we have to leave the vehicles. NOTE: Temperatures may be very cold. We will update the group before departure on expected conditions and temperatures. ALSO, because this is an extended campout, scouts need PART C (the physician/provider medical exam) of the medical form completed. Parent or Guardian permission slip is due by Monday, April 3, 2017. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=591716Subscribe