- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee Our November camp-out will be a trip to the Lost Sea Cave in Sweetwater, TN. Dates for the camp-out will be Sat.-Mon. November 19-21, 2017 which will coincide with the week long Thanksgiving break on the CCSD calendar. See more info on the Lost Sea at: http://thelostsea.com
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park The October camp-out will be held at Santee State Park, Fri.-Sun. October 21-23, 2017. We will be working on the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge requirements and we will be having a Dutch Oven Cook-off. ***Please note: Due to hurricane damage at Santee State Park, the camp-out venue will now be at Scoutmaster Joye’s farm in Eutawville, SC. Thanks to SM Joye for allowing us to use his property.
- September Camp-out at Capers Island Our September camp-out will be a boating trip to camp on Capers Island Sat.-Sun. Sept 24-25, 2017. We will meet at the IOP Marina on Sat. morning to make the short boat ride over to Capers Island. Thanks to all of the Scoutmasters and parents that have volunteered their boats to help transport the campers and supplies over to Capers.
- Cycling Merit Badge To earn Eagle, you must complete either Cycling, Hiking or Swimming merit badges. Former T20 Scoutmaster Butch Hills is coordinating a Cycling Merit Badge class and campout. Training rides will begin the weekend of Jan 16 and occur every weekend until the campout on February 20 which will be a 50 mile ride. The training rides will be 10, 15 and 25 miles and will occur on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather.
- National Youth Leadership Training NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide Scouts with the leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. It will be held this year at Camp No Non Wah over 2 weekends (March 4-6 and March 18-20). Registration is open now and available here. This experience is offered to Scouts in the Coastal Carolina Council, and space is limited to only 45 Scouts..
- Summer Camp 2016 Mark your calendars for summer camp which be Mecklenburg County Council’s Camp Grimes in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 19-25. The fee is $280, with optional additional fees of $150 for the ATV program and $240 for the Trek to Summit Bechtel. A $20 deposit for each Scout will be due by January 15. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend, so we need to have a parent contingent of at least 5 in order to satisfy Youth Protection Guidelines. Consider arranging your schedule now to attend for a partial or whole week.
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
- Cycling Merit Badge
BSA Troop 20 Events Add firstname.lastname@example.org to get events on your phone/tablet