- Winter Camp 2016 Troop 20 will be sending a group to Winter Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah on December 27-31, 2016. This will be during Christmas break and will allow Scouts to earn Merit Badges just like at Summer Camp. Please contact Asst. Scoutmasters Meg Magee or Frederik Winther for details and to get signed up.
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee Our November camp-out will be a trip to the Lost Sea Cave in Sweetwater, TN. Dates for the camp-out will be Sat.-Mon. November 19-21, 2017 which will coincide with the week long Thanksgiving break on the CCSD calendar. See more info on the Lost Sea at: http://thelostsea.com
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park The October camp-out will be held at Santee State Park, Fri.-Sun. October 21-23, 2017. We will be working on the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge requirements and we will be having a Dutch Oven Cook-off. ***Please note: Due to hurricane damage at Santee State Park, the camp-out venue will now be at Scoutmaster Joye’s farm in Eutawville, SC. Thanks to SM Joye for allowing us to use his property.
- September Camp-out at Capers Island Our September camp-out will be a boating trip to camp on Capers Island Sat.-Sun. Sept 24-25, 2017. We will meet at the IOP Marina on Sat. morning to make the short boat ride over to Capers Island. Thanks to all of the Scoutmasters and parents that have volunteered their boats to help transport the campers and supplies over to Capers.
- Cycling Merit Badge To earn Eagle, you must complete either Cycling, Hiking or Swimming merit badges. Former T20 Scoutmaster Butch Hills is coordinating a Cycling Merit Badge class and campout. Training rides will begin the weekend of Jan 16 and occur every weekend until the campout on February 20 which will be a 50 mile ride. The training rides will be 10, 15 and 25 miles and will occur on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather.
- National Youth Leadership Training NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide Scouts with the leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. It will be held this year at Camp No Non Wah over 2 weekends (March 4-6 and March 18-20). Registration is open now and available here. This experience is offered to Scouts in the Coastal Carolina Council, and space is limited to only 45 Scouts..
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Swim and canoe maneuvering proficiency testing 3:00 pm Florida Sea Base 2019 informational meeting 6:45 pmFlorida Sea Base 2019 informational meeting @ Scout HutFeb 5 @ 6:45 pm – 7:00 pmScouts interested in going to Sea Base next year as part of our High Adventure patrol. Please arrive by 6:45pm so that we conclude our business before the Troop meeting starts at 7:00. This will[...]Troop Meeting – Money Monday Okefenokee 7:00 pm Okefenokee preparation – Q & A 6:15 pmOkefenokee preparation – Q & A @ Scout HutFeb 12 @ 6:15 pm – 6:45 pmTonight – Meeting of Okefenokee participants to discuss arrangements for this coming weekends trip. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1263638Court of Honor 7:00 pm Okefenokee Swamp Canoe Campout 2:00 pm Subscribe
Apr2MonSpring Break 2018 Camping Trip – St. Catherine’s Island @ Coastal GeorgiaApr 2 @ 7:30 am – Apr 4 @ 4:00 pmSpring break 2018 to Saint Catherine’s Island off the coast of Georgia. This undeveloped island has many unique features, including antebellum ruins, miles of undeveloped beaches, forest trails, and even Lemur colonies! Read more about it here (http://www.stcatherinesisland.org/). We will be taken to the island by boat and hike approximately 1 mile to our campsite on a bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. During the day, we will take day hikes around the island to explore. We do not anticipate any age or rank restrictions on this camp-out except the ability to carry personal gear, including tent, ground cloth, etc., 1 mile to the campsite. While this island is not as undeveloped as Cumberland Island, it is much more accessible and should prove to be a fascinating trip. Please consider joining us along with your scout if you would like. Tentative Specifics: Depart: MONDAY April 2, 2018, from scout hut at approximately 7:30 AM Return: WEDNESDAY April 4, 2018, at approximately 4:00 PM COST: TBD, but we are visiting the island free-of-charge, so the cost will be primarily for transportation and food, anticipating $40-$50. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1256806Subscribe