- Summer Camp 2016 Mark your calendars for summer camp which be Mecklenburg County Council’s Camp Grimes in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 19-25. The fee is $280, with optional additional fees of $150 for the ATV program and $240 for the Trek to Summit Bechtel. A $20 deposit for each Scout will be due by January 15. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend, so we need to have a parent contingent of at least 5 in order to satisfy Youth Protection Guidelines. Consider arranging your schedule now to attend for a partial or whole week.
- @troop20mp We hope to improve troop communications and instant messaging with our @troop20mp Twitter account. Follow us!
- Time change for Swim Test makeup Please note the change in time for next Wednesday’s make-up swim test. The pool closes at 7pm, so we will start at 6pm.
- September Service Opportunies Looking for service opportunities? September is your month! September 12: Adopt a Highway Cleanup from 8-9:30 am. September 12: The second event this day is a Trail Race to benefit the Lowcountry Autism Foundation. Volunteers are needed. Contact Ms Dixson for more details. September 19: We will be participating again this year in the Lowcountry Beach Sweep, cleaning up Hog Island off Patriots Point. Due to a midday high tide, this cleanup will be at approximately 4pm.
- Canoe Training / Troop Swim Test Mark your calendars for Saturday September 5, approximately 8:00am-4:00pm as Troop 20 Scout Thomas B will be leading a one day canoe training activity at Camp Moultrie. Note that this date falls on Labor Day weekend. We tried other warm water weekends but, unfortunately, the camp was booked. This training is necessary as the Troop is planning an overnight canoe trip this spring, and all Scouts who do not have the Canoeing Merit Badge will need to complete this training in order to qualify to participate in the overnight trip. Those scouts who have the canoeing merit badge do not have to attend this training, but are encouraged to attend in order to review these canoeing skills. In order for the Troop to plan (and/or conduct) water related activities such as this one, Scouts need to have taken the BSA swim test within the last 12 months. Approximately 75% of our Scouts have not taken this test in the past 12 months, so we are offering it this Thursday, August 13 at 7pm at the Hobcaw Yacht Club pool. Troop 20 Scouts (and American Red Cross certified lifeguards) Austin G and Noble G have volunteered to conduct this test for us. For those Scouts who took the test this summer at Daniel Boone or prior to the High Adventure Summit trip, I encourage you to retake it now as doing so will ensure that you will not have to be retested before summer camp next year. Additionally, all new Scouts need this test in order to satisfy Second Class requirement #8b (and while you’re at the pool, you could probably get #8c done too). If you are unable to attend this date, a make up session will be Wednesday August 19th at 7pm. Alternatively, if neither of these dates are convenient, Austin and Noble have offered to set up separate times as needed. If you need to contact them, remember that Youth Protection Guidelines apply, so include their parents in your correspondence.
- Eagle Coaching meeting 8/24 @ 6:45
The Eagle Coaching meeting will be on 8/24 at 6:45. The goal is to come up with a process so that everyone is heading in the same direction when working with Eagle candidates. We will open with a little history and then review the tasks and my experiences. With that information in mind, we will look for ways to move forward as a team.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Bridge Run Service Event 7:00 am Board of Review 7:00 pmBoard of Review @ Grace HallApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=715401Troop Meeting 7:00 pm Cataloochee Camping/Hiking Trip 8:00 am Troop Meeting @ MMS Cafeteria 7:00 pmTroop Meeting @ MMS Cafeteria @ MMS CafeteriaApr 17 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmWe will be meeting at the Moultrie MS Cafeteria to hear Scotty Parker speak about his upcoming cross-country bike ride to raise awareness and funding for Water Missions, a local non-profit that provides water treatment[...] Subscribe
Apr24MonPLC Meeting @ Scout HutApr 24 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmNo Troop meeting. Tonight is PLC Meeting for Troop PLC members only For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=762406May1MonTroop Meeting @ Scout HutMay 1 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=762408May6SatService Event – Adopt a Highway litter pick-up @ Scout Hut/Fellowship HallMay 6 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amTroop 20 will be helping the MPPC congregation with the quarterly roadside cleanup along Coleman Blvd. from the church campus to the base of the Ravenel Bridge. Gloves, bags, and safety vests will be provided. Scouts can earn service hours by participating. Adult supervision will be provided. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=724538May8MonTroop Meeting @ Scout HutMay 8 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=762410Subscribe