- October Camp-out at Elmwood – Francis Marion National Forest The October camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. October 20 – 22, 2017 at the Elmwood Campground in the Francis Marion National Forest near McClellanville, SC. The scouts will be honing their cooking skills by participating in various cooking competitions organized by ASM Joe Mina. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $28 camping fee online.
- September Camp-out at Pisgah Forest – North Mills River Campground The September camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. September 29 – October 1, 2017 at the N. Mills River Campground in the Pisgah Forest, NC. The scouts will be working on various scouting skills and taking a hike on the trails around the campground. Older experienced scouts will have an alternate opportunity to go on a 2 night backpacking hike with ASM Peter Holmi and his adult team. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $62 camping fee online.
- August Troop Family Cookout We will be having our annual Troop 20 Family Cookout on Monday, August 14 at Palmetto Islands County Park. All scout family members are invited to attend. The Troop will be providing food for the event, we just need a headcount from each family attending. Please respond to the email that was sent out to give us your numbers.
- 2017 High Adventure Alaska The 2017 High Adventure team will be departing on June 24 to begin their trip to Alaska. Team members are reminded to go over their packing list and check with the adult leaders on final departure instructions. We look forward to your return on July 4 and hearing about your experience!
- 2017 Summer Camp Final Notes We will be departing on Sunday morning June 18 for a week of summer camp at Raven Knob. We will be meeting at Moultrie Middle School at 8am to load up the trailer. Please make sure that you have turned in all of your paperwork and reviewed your packing list. See you on Sunday!
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown We have made reservations to camp for 1 night on the Yorktown Fri.-Sat. May 12-13, 2017. While this is the same weekend of Mothers Day, we will be finishing up around 2pm on Saturday for pick-up at the Yorktown (Friday drop-off will be around 4pm). Our Saturday activity will be the Yorktown’s Flight Academy Program. Cost will be $67/person (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch included). We will need to provide a final headcount soon, so please let us know if you plan to attend. SCOUTS AND ADULTS: Please email our event coordinator Teresa Clowney at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line USS YORKTOWN if you would like to attend.
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park We have made reservations to camp in the pristine Cataloochee Valley Sat.-Tues. April 8-11, 2017. The Monday and Tuesday of camping will coincide with the first 2 days of CCSD spring break. We will be doing some hiking (day hiking and overnight trail hiking), touring some historic structures, and hopefully see some of the wild elk that inhabit the area.
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area The March camp-out for New Scouts that have bridged to Troop 20 will be held Fri.-Sun. March 3-5, 2017 at the BP Rec Area in Cainhoy, SC. The higher ranking experienced scouts will be teaching basic scout skills required to obtain Tenderfoot and Second Class Ranks. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $40 camping fee online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3
- Summer Camp 2017 Mark your calendars for summer camp at Old Hickory Council’s Camp Raven Knob in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 18-24, 2017. The camp is located off I-77 near Mount Airy, NC. The fee is $325, with additional fees for certain Merit Badges. A $150 deposit for each Scout will be due by March 13, 2017 and is payable online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend.
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation The February Camp-out will be held at Cusabo Plantation in the ACE Basin, February 10-12, 2017. Scouts will work on Camping Merit Badge Requirements.
- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update**
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase
- Scout Sunday on February 4, 2018
- Troop 20 Court of Honor
- Board of Reviews for Rank Advancement
- Service Event – Adopt-A-Highway Clean up
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Yorktown Aircraft Carrier Campout 8:00 am No troop meeting 7:00 amSOS 6:00 pmSOSFeb 11 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pmGet anything signed off by an assistant Scout Master, that you have finished, there is no meeting afterward.ONLY Boy Scout leaders PLC 6:30 pm Subscribe
Feb25MonMar18MonBoard of ReviewMar 18 @ 6:00 pm – 7:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572384Apr1MonCourt of Honor @ ChurchApr 1 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572389Subscribe