- Troop Family Cook-out Our annual cook-out is Monday August 17 at one of the shelters at Palmetto Islands County Park, starting at 4:30. The troop will provide hotdogs, hamburgers, frogmore stew and water. Bring your whole family! Give your head count to your Patrol Leader by Monday August 3. Families should please bring a side dish or dessert.
- Zip Line trip Our trip to The Gorge Zip Line in Saluda, NC has been confirmed for Saturday August 15. I need to have a firm headcount by Friday August 7, so please sign up here right away. We will be leaving the Scout Hut at approximately 7:30am and expect to return around 7:30 pm. Wear your Class B uniforms and bring $10 lunch money. If you didn’t pay for this trip as part of summer camp, then please visit the troop’s Square site to pay.
- Emergency Preparedness Day This event has been confirmed! Thanks to all who signed up for what looks like a fun day. We now have 28 participants for the Saturday August 8 event with the Mt Pleasant Fire and Police Departments. Please wear your Class B uniforms.
- Zip line trip We are looking for a date to reschedule our trip to The Gorge Zipline that will allow for a good turnout of at least 20 participants and have tentatively selected July 25th. Please visit the following link to sign up as soon as possible, www.doodle.com. If we don’t get a good response, then we will select another date in the future.
- July 20 Program Planning meeting Your PLC will be meeting on Monday July 20 at 6pm to plan our Troop activity calendar for the upcoming year. All Scouts, parents, and leaders are welcome to attend but only PLC members will be able to vote on any matters that need to be decided. What do you want to do this year – canoeing, backpacking, rafting, cycling, fishing, skiing? Voice your opinion to your Patrol Leader so he can vote for you. Pizza dinner will be provided.
- Honor Guard A special recognition goes out to Scouts Will Basco, Thomas Blyth and ASM Denis Blyth for their service as an Honor Guard unit for a recent funeral service. They went the extra mile to “be prepared” by obtaining a replica flag from the funeral home and repeatedly practicing. At the conclusion of the service, they were told by several attendees that it was the best flag service they had seen. Troop 20 is proud of these fine Scouts and will be using their recent service as an example as we launch our own Honor Guard initiative in the fall.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat PLC Meeting 7:00 pmPLC MeetingMar 6 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667207Scoutmasters Meeting 8:00 pm Multi-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure Program 8:00 amMulti-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure ProgramMar 11 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pmHelp our Scouts raise money to attend Chilkoot High Adventure Program in Haines, Alaska! Furniture, Household Goods, Kitchen Wares, Sports Equipment, Toys, Books, Clothes, Baked Goods, Coffee — You name it, we’ll have it! Thanks[...] Summer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due Tomorrow 11:45 pmSummer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due TomorrowMar 12 @ 11:45 pm – 11:45 pmPlease remember to pay your $150 deposit and provide your MB selections by tomorrow to the get best chance of getting your first MB choices. Pay deposit: https://squareup.com/store/bsa-troop-20-3 MB Selections: https://goo.gl/forms/kEszPFstXuoAhNST2 For more information please[...] Subscribe
Mar27MonTroop MeetingMar 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=713489Apr1SatBridge Run Service Event @ Coleman Blvd.Apr 1 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amThis is a service hours opportunity for the T20 Scouts (and parents who want to participate). For new scouts that are working on Tenderfoot Rank, you can fulfill your 1 hour of service requirement!!! We man a water station for the Bridge Run. Last year we met around 7:00am in front of the Baskin Robbins, and walked down a bit. Should be wrapped up by 9-9:30am. TShirts will be given to volunteers that sign up by 03/24/2017. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fada62aa57-cooper For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=714150Apr3MonBoard of Review @ Grace HallApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=715401Troop MeetingApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667208Apr8SatCataloochee Camping/Hiking TripApr 8 @ 8:00 am – Apr 11 @ 6:00 pmJoin Troop 20 for a trip to the isolated Cataloochee Valley on the eastern side of the Great Smoky Mountains NP! T20 will depart Scout Hut at 8:00 AM Saturday, April 8, 2017, arriving at the valley around 3:00 pm. The valley is full of elk, turkey, and other wildlife, along with cabins and churches from the original settlers. For the return, we will depart the valley at approximately 10 AM on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. T20 should arrive back at the Scout Hut around 6:00 pm. Eligibility: Because this is a remote campout, and because the group camp site holds only 25 individuals, we will limit participation to scouts typically eligible for High Adventure – those at least 13 years old AND Star rank or above. In addition, scouts should pack ALL GEAR in one backpack that they can carry to the campsite from wherever we have to leave the vehicles. NOTE: Temperatures may be very cold. We will update the group before departure on expected conditions and temperatures. ALSO, because this is an extended campout, scouts need PART C (the physician/provider medical exam) of the medical form completed. Parent or Guardian permission slip is due by Monday, April 3, 2017. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=591716Subscribe