- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge Our annual Troop Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge be be on January 12-14, 2017 at Wolf Ridge Ski Resort in Mars Hill, NC. This will be a Thurs.-Sat. trip that coincides with days off on the CCSD calendar.
- Winter Camp 2016 Troop 20 will be sending a group to Winter Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah on December 27-31, 2016. This will be during Christmas break and will allow Scouts to earn Merit Badges just like at Summer Camp. Please contact Asst. Scoutmasters Meg Magee or Frederik Winther for details and to get signed up.
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee Our November camp-out will be a trip to the Lost Sea Cave in Sweetwater, TN. Dates for the camp-out will be Sat.-Mon. November 19-21, 2017 which will coincide with the week long Thanksgiving break on the CCSD calendar. See more info on the Lost Sea at: http://thelostsea.com
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park The October camp-out will be held at Santee State Park, Fri.-Sun. October 21-23, 2017. We will be working on the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge requirements and we will be having a Dutch Oven Cook-off. ***Please note: Due to hurricane damage at Santee State Park, the camp-out venue will now be at Scoutmaster Joye’s farm in Eutawville, SC. Thanks to SM Joye for allowing us to use his property.
- September Camp-out at Capers Island Our September camp-out will be a boating trip to camp on Capers Island Sat.-Sun. Sept 24-25, 2017. We will meet at the IOP Marina on Sat. morning to make the short boat ride over to Capers Island. Thanks to all of the Scoutmasters and parents that have volunteered their boats to help transport the campers and supplies over to Capers.
- Cycling Merit Badge To earn Eagle, you must complete either Cycling, Hiking or Swimming merit badges. Former T20 Scoutmaster Butch Hills is coordinating a Cycling Merit Badge class and campout. Training rides will begin the weekend of Jan 16 and occur every weekend until the campout on February 20 which will be a 50 mile ride. The training rides will be 10, 15 and 25 miles and will occur on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather.
- National Youth Leadership Training NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide Scouts with the leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. It will be held this year at Camp No Non Wah over 2 weekends (March 4-6 and March 18-20). Registration is open now and available here. This experience is offered to Scouts in the Coastal Carolina Council, and space is limited to only 45 Scouts..
- Summer Camp 2016 Mark your calendars for summer camp which be Mecklenburg County Council’s Camp Grimes in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 19-25. The fee is $280, with optional additional fees of $150 for the ATV program and $240 for the Trek to Summit Bechtel. A $20 deposit for each Scout will be due by January 15. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend, so we need to have a parent contingent of at least 5 in order to satisfy Youth Protection Guidelines. Consider arranging your schedule now to attend for a partial or whole week.
- @troop20mp We hope to improve troop communications and instant messaging with our @troop20mp Twitter account. Follow us!
- Time change for Swim Test makeup Please note the change in time for next Wednesday’s make-up swim test. The pool closes at 7pm, so we will start at 6pm.
- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update**
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase
- Scout Sunday on February 4, 2018
- Troop 20 Court of Honor
- Board of Reviews for Rank Advancement
- Service Event – Adopt-A-Highway Clean up
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Subscribe
Aug20MonBack to School cookout @ Palmetto Islands County ParkAug 20 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1377853Sep8SatAdopt a Highway Cleanup (can earn 2 service hours) @ MPPC Fellowship HallSep 8 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348532Sep15SatBeach Sweep @ Patriots PointSep 15 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amSince this is a marsh cleanup, we need to do it around low tide. This year, we will choose to do it either first thing in the morning or late afternoon as low tide is at 6:48am and 7:33pm. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348505Nov3SatAdopt a Highway Cleanup (can earn 2 service hours) @ MPPC Fellowship HallNov 3 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1348792Jun16SunSaint Thomas High Adventure Sailing Adventure @ US Virgin IslandsJun 16 @ 8:00 am – Jun 22 @ 5:00 pmTrip details at seabase.org As a reminder, scouts must be 14 years old and star rank by the date of the trip. The fee per crew is $7,250. Travel expenses to Saint Thomas are not included. Committing to this trip means also committing to fundraising to cover these costs as well. Furthermore, there will be mandatory meetings and team building activities(required for both scouts and participating adults). We will go on at least one campout to foster bonding as a patrol. This will allow us to embark on the adventure as a cohesive team. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you. In Scouting, Teddy Kotz Edward A. Kotz, III, M.D. Carolina Dermatology 933 Saint Andrews Boulevard Charleston, S.C. 29407 (843) 766-9868 For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1323818Subscribe