- Troop Family Cook-out Our annual cook-out is Monday August 17 at one of the shelters at Palmetto Islands County Park, starting at 4:30. The troop will provide hotdogs, hamburgers, frogmore stew and water. Bring your whole family! Give your head count to your Patrol Leader by Monday August 3. Families should please bring a side dish or dessert.
- Zip Line trip Our trip to The Gorge Zip Line in Saluda, NC has been confirmed for Saturday August 15. I need to have a firm headcount by Friday August 7, so please sign up here right away. We will be leaving the Scout Hut at approximately 7:30am and expect to return around 7:30 pm. Wear your Class B uniforms and bring $10 lunch money. If you didn’t pay for this trip as part of summer camp, then please visit the troop’s Square site to pay.
- Emergency Preparedness Day This event has been confirmed! Thanks to all who signed up for what looks like a fun day. We now have 28 participants for the Saturday August 8 event with the Mt Pleasant Fire and Police Departments. Please wear your Class B uniforms.
- Zip line trip We are looking for a date to reschedule our trip to The Gorge Zipline that will allow for a good turnout of at least 20 participants and have tentatively selected July 25th. Please visit the following link to sign up as soon as possible, www.doodle.com. If we don’t get a good response, then we will select another date in the future.
- July 20 Program Planning meeting Your PLC will be meeting on Monday July 20 at 6pm to plan our Troop activity calendar for the upcoming year. All Scouts, parents, and leaders are welcome to attend but only PLC members will be able to vote on any matters that need to be decided. What do you want to do this year – canoeing, backpacking, rafting, cycling, fishing, skiing? Voice your opinion to your Patrol Leader so he can vote for you. Pizza dinner will be provided.
- Honor Guard A special recognition goes out to Scouts Will Basco, Thomas Blyth and ASM Denis Blyth for their service as an Honor Guard unit for a recent funeral service. They went the extra mile to “be prepared” by obtaining a replica flag from the funeral home and repeatedly practicing. At the conclusion of the service, they were told by several attendees that it was the best flag service they had seen. Troop 20 is proud of these fine Scouts and will be using their recent service as an example as we launch our own Honor Guard initiative in the fall.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Court of Honor 7:00 pm Subscribe