- PLC positions available !! Please contact Andrew Boyles right away (email@example.com) if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Wednesday July 1 from 5-8:30 pm in the Scout Hut (pizza dinner will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Service opportunity Saturday June 13 Scouts, there is a great opportunity to help serve your community, promote fitness and earn service hours for rank advancement. MUSC has asked us to help with their 5K run/walk 8:00-11:30 am on Saturday June 13 that will raise funds to benefit the Heart Health Program of MUSC’s Children’s Hospital and the Team Richardson Foundation. In collaboration with the Team Richardson Foundation’s Hanging with Pros program, participants will get to meet NFL player Barry Richardson! Most of the troop will be on the road home from Camp Daniel Boone, but for those of you who are remaining in town, please contact ASM George Robinson if you are available to help.
- New PLC positions Congratulations to Andrew Boyles on his election to serve as Senior Patrol Leader for the upcoming 6 months! Please contact him if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Saturday June 20 from 8-11:30 am in the Scout Hut (breakfast biscuits, snacks and drinks will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Merit Badge Counselors Needed !! There are 136 merit badges and we are in dire need of volunteers to serve as merit badge counselors. Any adult can be a counselor – you don’t have to be an assistant scoutmaster, and you don’t need to be an expert in the field. All you need to do is complete online Youth Protection Training (YPT) at http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/BoyScout.aspx. Click on the “Take Course Online” under “Boy Scout Leader Youth Protection Training”. PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU FINISH YPT and bring your completed YPT certificate to the meeting. Then think about what merit badges you wish to counsel and attend one of our 2 Merit Badge Counselor Training sessions, June 8, 2015 or June 22, 2015 from 7-8pm in the Mt Pleasant Presbyterian school building. Contact ASM Bill Basco if you have any questions.
- Adopt a Highway I apologize for the confusion this past weekend regarding the Adopt a Highway cleanup. It had to be rescheduled by the church to THIS Saturday May 9 at 8am. Meet at the Fellowshp Hall in your Class B uniform to earn service hours, help your community and our church sponsor!
- Parent Meeting !! 7:00-8:15 Monday May 18 in the church Fellowship Hall. We will discuss the “State of the Troop”, our troop plans for the upcoming year, our Merit Badge program, and provide Merit Badge Counselor Training for those interested parents. The BSA and Troop 20 ENCOURAGES all parents (and REQUIRES all Merit Badge Counselors) to complete an online 20 minute Youth Protection Training (YPT). Go to http://www.myscouting.org, register for an account, take the training, print your certificate and bring it to this meeting.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat PLC Meeting 7:00 pmPLC MeetingMar 6 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667207Scoutmasters Meeting 8:00 pm Multi-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure Program 8:00 amMulti-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure ProgramMar 11 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pmHelp our Scouts raise money to attend Chilkoot High Adventure Program in Haines, Alaska! Furniture, Household Goods, Kitchen Wares, Sports Equipment, Toys, Books, Clothes, Baked Goods, Coffee — You name it, we’ll have it! Thanks[...] Summer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due Tomorrow 11:45 pmSummer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due TomorrowMar 12 @ 11:45 pm – 11:45 pmPlease remember to pay your $150 deposit and provide your MB selections by tomorrow to the get best chance of getting your first MB choices. Pay deposit: https://squareup.com/store/bsa-troop-20-3 MB Selections: https://goo.gl/forms/kEszPFstXuoAhNST2 For more information please[...] Subscribe
Mar27MonTroop MeetingMar 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=713489Apr1SatBridge Run Service Event @ Coleman Blvd.Apr 1 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amThis is a service hours opportunity for the T20 Scouts (and parents who want to participate). For new scouts that are working on Tenderfoot Rank, you can fulfill your 1 hour of service requirement!!! We man a water station for the Bridge Run. Last year we met around 7:00am in front of the Baskin Robbins, and walked down a bit. Should be wrapped up by 9-9:30am. TShirts will be given to volunteers that sign up by 03/24/2017. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fada62aa57-cooper For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=714150Apr3MonBoard of Review @ Grace HallApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=715401Troop MeetingApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667208Apr8SatCataloochee Camping/Hiking TripApr 8 @ 8:00 am – Apr 11 @ 6:00 pmJoin Troop 20 for a trip to the isolated Cataloochee Valley on the eastern side of the Great Smoky Mountains NP! T20 will depart Scout Hut at 8:00 AM Saturday, April 8, 2017, arriving at the valley around 3:00 pm. The valley is full of elk, turkey, and other wildlife, along with cabins and churches from the original settlers. For the return, we will depart the valley at approximately 10 AM on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. T20 should arrive back at the Scout Hut around 6:00 pm. Eligibility: Because this is a remote campout, and because the group camp site holds only 25 individuals, we will limit participation to scouts typically eligible for High Adventure – those at least 13 years old AND Star rank or above. In addition, scouts should pack ALL GEAR in one backpack that they can carry to the campsite from wherever we have to leave the vehicles. NOTE: Temperatures may be very cold. We will update the group before departure on expected conditions and temperatures. ALSO, because this is an extended campout, scouts need PART C (the physician/provider medical exam) of the medical form completed. Parent or Guardian permission slip is due by Monday, April 3, 2017. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=591716Subscribe