- PLC positions available !! Please contact Andrew Boyles right away (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Wednesday July 1 from 5-8:30 pm in the Scout Hut (pizza dinner will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Service opportunity Saturday June 13 Scouts, there is a great opportunity to help serve your community, promote fitness and earn service hours for rank advancement. MUSC has asked us to help with their 5K run/walk 8:00-11:30 am on Saturday June 13 that will raise funds to benefit the Heart Health Program of MUSC’s Children’s Hospital and the Team Richardson Foundation. In collaboration with the Team Richardson Foundation’s Hanging with Pros program, participants will get to meet NFL player Barry Richardson! Most of the troop will be on the road home from Camp Daniel Boone, but for those of you who are remaining in town, please contact ASM George Robinson if you are available to help.
- New PLC positions Congratulations to Andrew Boyles on his election to serve as Senior Patrol Leader for the upcoming 6 months! Please contact him if you are interested in serving on his PLC starting in July. Note that you are expected to attend PLC training on Saturday June 20 from 8-11:30 am in the Scout Hut (breakfast biscuits, snacks and drinks will be provided), as well as our Program Planning meeting on July 20 from 6:00-8:30 (pizza and drinks provided). Scouts, give it some thought and consider helping Andrew lead the troop and satisfy rank advancement requirements for Star, Life and Eagle.
- Merit Badge Counselors Needed !! There are 136 merit badges and we are in dire need of volunteers to serve as merit badge counselors. Any adult can be a counselor – you don’t have to be an assistant scoutmaster, and you don’t need to be an expert in the field. All you need to do is complete online Youth Protection Training (YPT) at http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/BoyScout.aspx. Click on the “Take Course Online” under “Boy Scout Leader Youth Protection Training”. PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU FINISH YPT and bring your completed YPT certificate to the meeting. Then think about what merit badges you wish to counsel and attend one of our 2 Merit Badge Counselor Training sessions, June 8, 2015 or June 22, 2015 from 7-8pm in the Mt Pleasant Presbyterian school building. Contact ASM Bill Basco if you have any questions.
- Adopt a Highway I apologize for the confusion this past weekend regarding the Adopt a Highway cleanup. It had to be rescheduled by the church to THIS Saturday May 9 at 8am. Meet at the Fellowshp Hall in your Class B uniform to earn service hours, help your community and our church sponsor!
- Parent Meeting !! 7:00-8:15 Monday May 18 in the church Fellowship Hall. We will discuss the “State of the Troop”, our troop plans for the upcoming year, our Merit Badge program, and provide Merit Badge Counselor Training for those interested parents. The BSA and Troop 20 ENCOURAGES all parents (and REQUIRES all Merit Badge Counselors) to complete an online 20 minute Youth Protection Training (YPT). Go to http://www.myscouting.org, register for an account, take the training, print your certificate and bring it to this meeting.
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge
- Winter Camp 2016
- November Camp-out Caving in Tennessee
- October Camp-out at Santee State Park
- September Camp-out at Capers Island
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Truck Transportation Merit Badge Class 6:00 pmTruck Transportation Merit Badge Class @ Scout HutMay 1 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pmTruck Transportation Merit Badge Announcement SCOUTS: On May 1st, I will be offering a program which will guide you to earning a Truck Transportation Merit Badge. We will meet at the Scout Hut at 6pm[...]Troop Meeting 7:00 pm Service Event – Adopt a Highway litter pick-up 8:00 amService Event – Adopt a Highway litter pick-up @ MPPC Fellowship HallMay 6 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 amTroop 20 will be helping the MPPC congregation with the quarterly roadside cleanup along Coleman Blvd. from the church campus to the base of the Ravenel Bridge. Gloves, bags, and safety vests will be provided.[...] Truck Transportation Merit Badge 6:00 pmTruck Transportation Merit Badge @ Mt. Pleasant Waterfront ParkMay 8 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pmThis training will be conducted by ASM Ross Heaton prior to the regular Troop meeting being held at Waterfront Park that evening. We have arranged to meet on the Cooper River side of the River[...]Troop Meeting 7:00 pm Troop Meeting (elections) 7:00 pm Subscribe
May29MonMemorial Day (NO mtg.) @ Scout HutMay 29 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmNO meeting due to Memorial Day holiday For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=762415Jun5MonCourt of Honor @ MPPC SanctuaryJun 5 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmCourt of Honor awards ceremony in Church Sanctuary. Patrols remember to coordinate refreshment duties. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=762417Jun18SunSummer Camp at Raven KnobJun 18 @ 8:00 am – Jun 24 @ 6:00 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=591611Subscribe