- May Camp-out on the Yorktown We have made reservations to camp for 1 night on the Yorktown Fri.-Sat. May 12-13, 2017. While this is the same weekend of Mothers Day, we will be finishing up around 2pm on Saturday for pick-up at the Yorktown (Friday drop-off will be around 4pm). Our Saturday activity will be the Yorktown’s Flight Academy Program. Cost will be $67/person (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch included). We will need to provide a final headcount soon, so please let us know if you plan to attend. SCOUTS AND ADULTS: Please email our event coordinator Teresa Clowney at email@example.com with the subject line USS YORKTOWN if you would like to attend.
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park We have made reservations to camp in the pristine Cataloochee Valley Sat.-Tues. April 8-11, 2017. The Monday and Tuesday of camping will coincide with the first 2 days of CCSD spring break. We will be doing some hiking (day hiking and overnight trail hiking), touring some historic structures, and hopefully see some of the wild elk that inhabit the area.
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area The March camp-out for New Scouts that have bridged to Troop 20 will be held Fri.-Sun. March 3-5, 2017 at the BP Rec Area in Cainhoy, SC. The higher ranking experienced scouts will be teaching basic scout skills required to obtain Tenderfoot and Second Class Ranks. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $40 camping fee online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3
- Summer Camp 2017 Mark your calendars for summer camp at Old Hickory Council’s Camp Raven Knob in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 18-24, 2017. The camp is located off I-77 near Mount Airy, NC. The fee is $325, with additional fees for certain Merit Badges. A $150 deposit for each Scout will be due by March 13, 2017 and is payable online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend.
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation The February Camp-out will be held at Cusabo Plantation in the ACE Basin, February 10-12, 2017. Scouts will work on Camping Merit Badge Requirements.
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge Our annual Troop Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge be be on January 12-14, 2017 at Wolf Ridge Ski Resort in Mars Hill, NC. This will be a Thurs.-Sat. trip that coincides with days off on the CCSD calendar.
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Troop Family Cookout 5:00 pmTroop Family Cookout @ Palmetto Islands County ParkAug 14 @ 5:00 pm – 8:15 pmTime to have some fun and food! See you at Palmetto Islands County Park! Scorpion (veggies for hamburgers – lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions); Lightning (chips); Frog (cookies/brownies/etc); Snake (salads – coleslaw/potato/pasta); Gator (soda/water/gatorade/lemonade) Troop will[...] Subscribe
Aug21MonTroop Meeting @ Scout HutAug 21 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=876947Aug28MonPLC Meeting @ Scout HutAug 28 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=876950Sep9SatAdopt a Highway @ Scout HutSep 9 @ 8:00 am – 10:00 amMeet in front of the church Fellowship Hall at 8am For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=887287Sep11MonTroop Meeting @ Scout HutSep 11 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=876953Subscribe