- May Camp-out on the Yorktown We have made reservations to camp for 1 night on the Yorktown Fri.-Sat. May 12-13, 2017. While this is the same weekend of Mothers Day, we will be finishing up around 2pm on Saturday for pick-up at the Yorktown (Friday drop-off will be around 4pm). Our Saturday activity will be the Yorktown’s Flight Academy Program. Cost will be $67/person (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch included). We will need to provide a final headcount soon, so please let us know if you plan to attend. SCOUTS AND ADULTS: Please email our event coordinator Teresa Clowney at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line USS YORKTOWN if you would like to attend.
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park We have made reservations to camp in the pristine Cataloochee Valley Sat.-Tues. April 8-11, 2017. The Monday and Tuesday of camping will coincide with the first 2 days of CCSD spring break. We will be doing some hiking (day hiking and overnight trail hiking), touring some historic structures, and hopefully see some of the wild elk that inhabit the area.
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area The March camp-out for New Scouts that have bridged to Troop 20 will be held Fri.-Sun. March 3-5, 2017 at the BP Rec Area in Cainhoy, SC. The higher ranking experienced scouts will be teaching basic scout skills required to obtain Tenderfoot and Second Class Ranks. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $40 camping fee online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3
- Summer Camp 2017 Mark your calendars for summer camp at Old Hickory Council’s Camp Raven Knob in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, June 18-24, 2017. The camp is located off I-77 near Mount Airy, NC. The fee is $325, with additional fees for certain Merit Badges. A $150 deposit for each Scout will be due by March 13, 2017 and is payable online at: https://squareup.com/market/bsa-troop-20-3. We anticipate having at least 30 Scouts attend.
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation The February Camp-out will be held at Cusabo Plantation in the ACE Basin, February 10-12, 2017. Scouts will work on Camping Merit Badge Requirements.
- January Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge Our annual Troop Ski Trip to Wolf Ridge be be on January 12-14, 2017 at Wolf Ridge Ski Resort in Mars Hill, NC. This will be a Thurs.-Sat. trip that coincides with days off on the CCSD calendar.
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat PLC Meeting 7:00 pmPLC MeetingMar 6 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667207Scoutmasters Meeting 8:00 pm Multi-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure Program 8:00 amMulti-Family Garage Sale (Benefiting) Troop 20 High Adventure ProgramMar 11 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pmHelp our Scouts raise money to attend Chilkoot High Adventure Program in Haines, Alaska! Furniture, Household Goods, Kitchen Wares, Sports Equipment, Toys, Books, Clothes, Baked Goods, Coffee — You name it, we’ll have it! Thanks[...] Summer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due Tomorrow 11:45 pmSummer Camp – Deposits & MB Selections Due TomorrowMar 12 @ 11:45 pm – 11:45 pmPlease remember to pay your $150 deposit and provide your MB selections by tomorrow to the get best chance of getting your first MB choices. Pay deposit: https://squareup.com/store/bsa-troop-20-3 MB Selections: https://goo.gl/forms/kEszPFstXuoAhNST2 For more information please[...] Subscribe
Mar27MonTroop MeetingMar 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=713489Apr1SatBridge Run Service Event @ Coleman Blvd.Apr 1 @ 7:00 am – 9:00 amThis is a service hours opportunity for the T20 Scouts (and parents who want to participate). For new scouts that are working on Tenderfoot Rank, you can fulfill your 1 hour of service requirement!!! We man a water station for the Bridge Run. Last year we met around 7:00am in front of the Baskin Robbins, and walked down a bit. Should be wrapped up by 9-9:30am. TShirts will be given to volunteers that sign up by 03/24/2017. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fada62aa57-cooper For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=714150Apr3MonBoard of Review @ Grace HallApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=715401Troop MeetingApr 3 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=667208Apr8SatCataloochee Camping/Hiking TripApr 8 @ 8:00 am – Apr 11 @ 6:00 pmJoin Troop 20 for a trip to the isolated Cataloochee Valley on the eastern side of the Great Smoky Mountains NP! T20 will depart Scout Hut at 8:00 AM Saturday, April 8, 2017, arriving at the valley around 3:00 pm. The valley is full of elk, turkey, and other wildlife, along with cabins and churches from the original settlers. For the return, we will depart the valley at approximately 10 AM on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. T20 should arrive back at the Scout Hut around 6:00 pm. Eligibility: Because this is a remote campout, and because the group camp site holds only 25 individuals, we will limit participation to scouts typically eligible for High Adventure – those at least 13 years old AND Star rank or above. In addition, scouts should pack ALL GEAR in one backpack that they can carry to the campsite from wherever we have to leave the vehicles. NOTE: Temperatures may be very cold. We will update the group before departure on expected conditions and temperatures. ALSO, because this is an extended campout, scouts need PART C (the physician/provider medical exam) of the medical form completed. Parent or Guardian permission slip is due by Monday, April 3, 2017. For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=591716Subscribe