- Reminder – no Troop Meeting April 2nd Troop 20 will not have a Troop meeting on April 2 due to spring break.
- April Camp-out at St. Catherine’s Island, GA The April camp-out will be held Mon.- Wed., April 2–4, 2018 on St. Catherine’s Island just south of Savannah, GA. This will be a unique opportunity to do some light backpacking and experience a pristine undeveloped coastal island. This camp-out will take place during CCSD spring break. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $46 camping fee online.
- Service Event – Bridge Run Water Station Troop 20 will once again be serving the community by helping at the Cooper River Bridge Run water station on April 7, 2018. Please reference the email sent out by Mrs. Butler to participate in this effort by signing up. All volunteers that sign-up before the deadline will get a free Bridge Run Volunteer Tshirt!!
- March Camp-out at Camp Sewee The March camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. March 23 – 25, 2018 at Camp Sewee in Awendaw, SC. This will be the first camp-out for our new scouts that just bridged over from Webelos. Our older and experienced scouts will lead the effort to help the new scouts complete rank requirements for Scout, Tenderfoot, and Second Class. New scouts that attend this camp-out will complete Scout rank and will be 30 days from completing Tenderfoot rank. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $45 camping fee online.
- Camping and Cooking Merit Badge Overnighter Troop 20 will be offering a Merit Badge Overnighter to meet requirements for the Camping and Cooking Merit Badges. ASM Angus Rae will be leading this event on Saturday-Sunday, March 17-18, 2018. The overnight camping will be at Bishop Jerden Conference Center near McClellanville, SC. Please see your Troop email for more info and to let Mr. Rae know that you will be attending. Scouts attending the overnighter can pay the $9 online.
- Summer 2019 High Adventure Trip to Seabase **Update** Troop 20 is pleased to announce that we were awarded a lottery spot to attend Seabase in 2019!! The trip will be a sailing adventure in St. Thomas, USVI on June 16-22, 2019. Last chance to secure a spot on this trip will be March 6, 2018. Please see email and contact Dr. Kotz if you are interested.
- Merit Badge Class – Citizenship Troop 20 will be offering a group setting Merit Badge Class for two of the Citizenship MB’s. Citizenship in the Community and Citizenship in the World will be offered starting March 4, 2018 and concluding by April 22, 2018. There will be approximately 3-4 Sunday afternoon class sessions during this time period along with a few scheduled community visits to meet requirements. The classes will be led by Mr. Peter Woodhull. Please see the Troop email that was sent out to respond to Mr. Woodhull and get registered for the class.
- 2018 Summer Camp at Ho Non Wah Troop 20 will be attending Summer Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah on Wadmalaw Island, SC just south of Charleston. The dates for summer camp will be Sunday-Saturday, June 17-23, 2018. Please see Troop email for details and registration instructions.
- Okefenokee Swimming and Canoeing Proficiency Testing For those signed up for the Okefenokee Canoeing Camp-out, the swimming and canoeing proficiency testing will be held on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at the Jones Center Pool in Mount Pleasant from 3pm – 5pm.
- February Canoeing Camp-out at Okefenokee Swamp The February camp-out will be held Fri.-Sun. February 16 – 18, 2018 at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. This will be a great opportunity to participate in a canoeing overnight camp-out. This is one of the rare occasions in which Scouts must be either 13 years old or at least First Class rank to participate. Due to the skills required on the trip, scouts will have to pass swimming and canoeing proficiency testing. Scouts attending the camp-out can pay the $77 camping fee online.
- January Camp-out at James Island County Park
- Scouting Religious Emblems Class
- Troop 20 Open House for visiting Webelos
- Troop 20 Christmas Service Project
- November/December Camp-out at Poinsett State Park
- October Camp-out at Elmwood – Francis Marion National Forest
- September Camp-out at Pisgah Forest – North Mills River Campground
- August Troop Family Cookout
- 2017 High Adventure Alaska
- 2017 Summer Camp Final Notes
- May Camp-out on the Yorktown
- April Camp-out at Cataloochee Valley in Smoky Mountains National Park
- March Camp-out for New Scouts at BP Recreation Area
- Summer Camp 2017
- February Camp-out Cusabo Plantation
BSA Troop 20 Events
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat SOS 6:00 pmSOS @ Scout HutDec 10 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pmSOS (Sign-Offs at Six) Come to the Scout Hut to meet with a Scoutmaster to sign off on your requirements for Scout rank thru First Class. We are here to help you, but you must[...]Troop 20 Open House 7:00 pm Subscribe
Jan14MonBoard of ReviewJan 14 @ 6:00 pm – 7:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572317Jan28MonCourt of Honor @ Scout ChurchJan 28 @ 7:00 pm – 8:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572373Feb3SunScout SundayFeb 3 all-dayA Scout is Reverent – Scouts are encouraged to wear your Class A uniform to church today! For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1553559Mar18MonBoard of ReviewMar 18 @ 6:00 pm – 7:15 pmFor more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1572384Subscribe